The Ed Fund is proud to be the 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor for a range of Oakland public schools, OUSD departments, and education-focused projects—more than 75 fiscal sponsorships in all.
Fiscal sponsorship could be a good choice for your project if you would like to maintain and grow your work and donor base, without having to invest time and resources into securing your own 501(c)(3) and hiring operational staff.
As a small, independent nonprofit we are able to respond quickly and flexibly when you need to pay for goods and services, hire employees, or take care of other project-related goals. When you need to move fast, we are here to help!
To set up fiscal sponsorship with the Ed Fund, your project, school, or department must:
• Do work aligned with our mission to support public education
• Have annual revenue of at least $25,000 (projects/organizations) or $10,000 (schools)
SERVICES AND FEES
As your fiscal sponsor, the Ed Fund can help you:
• Responsibly manage the funds you hold with us
• Take in tax-deductible donations
• Set up accounts payable and receivable services
• Send tax receipts and thank-you letters to donors
• Receive and service grants to your project
Our standard administrative fee is 10% of all incoming funds (percentage may be negotiable if your annual revenue is more than $1,000,000).
Depending on the services you require, additional fees may also apply, for example a $400 hiring fee or $75 background clearance fee per employee.
We also offer contractor and employee administration services for programs funded by private grants and donations.
All fee amounts may change annually.
PARTNER WITH US
Is your school or organization interested in a fiscal sponsor partnership with the Ed Fund?
“Our 5th-grade classrooms were in a bind: we had a field trip in a couple days but had not arranged for transportation. I called the Ed Fund and they were able to quickly turn around payment to the bus company using our school’s funds on account. Without this partnership, the field trip would have been in real jeopardy.”
— an Oakland public school office manager
Starting a fiscal sponsorship partnership with the Ed Fund for your school, organization, or project is a four-step process.
- 1. Inquiry: Please review the eligibility and service information on this page and fill out this preliminary inquiry form.
- 2. Alignment: The Ed Fund team will review your inquiry form internally and connect with you to determine if fiscal sponsorship is a good fit.
- 3. Application: If fiscal sponsorship is a good fit, you will be invited to submit a more detailed application.
- 4. Approval: Your application will be presented to our Board of Directors for review and final approval. You may be asked to revise and resubmit during this phase.
- 5. Orientation: If your application is approved, you’ll go through an in-depth orientation process to set you up for long-term success.