Welcome to the Finance Portal
Current Projects and Schools can find information needed to deposit and spend donations at the Ed Fund.
Contracts Process Updates
The Ed Fund updated our Contracts Process and Guidelines in May 2020.
- Check out the Hiring Toolkit v1.5, which is The Ed Fund’s official request for new contracts and hires. Also check out instructions for submitting here.
- We’ve also created a Contracts FAQ for all contracts-related questions you might have.
- Get started with the Expense Process.
- Check out the Expense Process Guide to walk through the process before you begin.
Please note: If your payment request is submitted and approved by Monday at noon, the check will be ready after 2 PM that Friday. We cannot reimburse for services or gift cards.
- Get started with a Transfer Request.
- This sheet is used to move money between funds that already exist at the Ed Fund. Please download a copy of this spreadsheet and send a completed form to email@example.com.
- Expense Process
- Instructions for submitting Stipend Payments
- Sample Stipend Letter
- W9 Blank (The Oakland Ed Fund can accept electronic signatures on a W9)
- Regrant to Organization Form
- Invoice Request Sheet (Excel)
- Contracts Process FAQ
- Hiring Toolkit v1.5
- Instructions for submitting a Hiring Toolkit request
- Instructions for requesting a Contract Amendment
- Information on the new ABC Test for Contractor Determination
- Information on pre-contract contingencies
- Total Compensation Tool – for calculating employee costs
- Donation Instructions
- Deposit Form (Excel)
- Stock Donation Form
- Instructions to Submit In-Kind Donations
We have several “How to” Guides in our team wiki hosted by Tettra.
- How to: Process Multiple Youth Stipend Payments
- How to: Submit a request to the NEW Ed Fund Expense Process
- How to: Complete the Requisition / Order / Reservation Form
- How to: Complete the Reimbursement Form
- How to: Complete the Pay a Vendor Invoice Form
- How to: Make an Amazon Wish List
- How to: Make a Donation to the Ed Fund
- How to: Submit In-Kind Donations
- How to: Submit a Hiring Toolkit request
- How to: Request a Contract Amendment
“Starting a 501(c)(3) nonprofit is…like jumping into the deep end. Fiscal sponsorship allows you to…test out the waters. It gives you the benefit of having a swim coach – a good fiscal sponsor who can guide you as you move at your own pace. ”
– Danielle Gangelhoff