JOB TITLE: Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• $21.63/h – $26.44/h Full Time Non-Exempt Hourly Position
• Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Generous Vacation & Sick Time Accrual
• Paid Holidays
• Holiday Pay and 401(K).
WORK/LIFE AT THE ED FUND
• A fun, fast-paced, flexible, and pet-friendly work environment;
• Great mentorship and opportunities for both personal development and professional growth;
• Flexible work schedule;
• A brand new office in Oakland’s Jack London Square that is easily accessible by public transportation, has great parking options, and is stocked with refreshments;
• Staff outings, team-building activities, staff celebrations and happy hours;
• The opportunity to make a direct, positive impact on Oakland public schools and programs serving our youth; and,
• Amazing networking opportunities with local leaders and businesses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an incredible opportunity to play a leadership role within the Oakland Public Education Fund’s Development and Communication team. With you on our team, we’re going to successfully coordinate activities with dozens of key partners to secure our $2.5 million plus budget and bring in more than $20 million to support public education in Oakland. Imagine the difference that these resources will make in the lives of students, teachers, and local schools!
Reporting to the Director of Development, and supporting a Development Manager and a Communications Manager, the Development Associate role is critical in managing internal systems and processes that support the team’s high volume of external activities and partnerships.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Grants and donations management
◦ Process all grant agreements between the Ed Fund, fiscally sponsored projects we support, and corporate/philanthropic donors;
◦ Enter grant/donation-related information into our Salesforce database;
◦ Work with the Ed Fund’s fiscally sponsored projects, internal Ed Fund programs, and our finance team to collect and submit grant-related information & reports;
• Managing extensive Salesforce database tracking all donations to Ed Fund and our fiscal projects:
◦ Create and analyze reports on Salesforce to support more efficient and effective fundraising activities;
◦ Support integrity of Salesforce database and management across departments;
• Collaborate with other Ed Fund departments on projects supporting range of fundraising activities
◦ Reconcile fundraising revenue with finance department
◦ Attend and actively participate in regular department and cross-departmental meetings;
• Support donor-related communications and fundraising campaigns:
◦ Help prepare a variety of Impact Reports that communicate to donors how their gifts were spent, including: writing early drafts of reports, coordinating design process, printing and mailing reports to donors;
◦ Advise on the development of email, direct mail, and other donor solicitation activities;
◦ Produce and manage mailing of high volume of Thank You letters to donors;
◦ Communicate with individual, corporate and foundation donors as directed;
◦ Build and revise online fundraising pages for fiscal projects;
• Support fundraising activities and events
◦ Support the planning, implementation, and follow-through for fundraising events including an annual gala;
◦ Conduct research on prospective individual, philanthropic, and corporate donors;
• Additional responsibilities
◦ Serve as a core employee, supporting key Ed Fund events and contributing to our culture and structure, as well as our mission; and,
◦ Other duties as assigned
• Entrepreneurial and proactive — identify needs, projects, problems, opportunities, and pursue them without having to be directed to do so;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administrative support role in a team-oriented organization committed to excellence in supporting its clients. Philanthropic experience and/or grants compliance experience a plus;
• An exceptional eye for reviewing data to ensure its accuracy and validity;
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
• High cultural sensitivity and awareness through written and oral communication;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an orientation toward detail, and the ability to work on several projects at one time with multiple deadlines;
• Strong data entry skills and comprehensive knowledge of Excel, Word, Google products (Docs, Sheets);
• Preference for experience with databases and CRM solutions, especially Salesforce
• Ability to effectively communicate in person and electronically with internal and external stakeholders;
• Demonstrates professionalism through one’s work, and interaction with colleagues. Specifically and consistently understands that the quality of the work performed here directly affects the public reputation and internal efficiency of the Oakland Ed Fund; and,
• Experience with Oakland public education and Oakland public schools is a plus!
Failure to follow the instructions below may delay the review of your application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews. Unfortunately, the volume of applications will prevent us from responding to all applications received.
Please do not send your application directly through e-mail. Apply for the role at the following link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4736122
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT THE ED FUND
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We also know that great candidates can bring skills to The Ed Fund that we haven’t thought of just yet, and who won’t fit everything we’ve described above. If this is you, don’t hesitate to apply. Tell us what unique contributions you can offer. We are dedicated to improving our organization and know that part of it means to better reflect the people we serve.
We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.