JOIN THE OAKLAND ED FUND ADVISORY BOARD
Do you believe public education is important for the future of Oakland and want to do something to make it more equitable? You could be a great fit for the Oakland Public Education Fund’s Advisory Board!
In the last five years, the Ed Fund has raised more than $60 million and brought thousands of volunteers into schools so that all of our kids have the tools they need to succeed.
Our Advisory Board plays key roles in both raising and awarding funds to support projects, partnerships, and professional development that create more positive outcomes for Oakland kids. Read on for more details and how to apply.
Benefits of being an Advisory Board member:
• Meet like-minded community leaders as you connect with your fellow Advisory Board members at happy hour events and other social outings.
• Attend our annual Funders and Community Partners Back-To-School Reception.
• Strengthen your skills around equity-driven decision making, analyzing grant proposals, grant-making, fundraising, and networking.
• Contribute to improving conditions for students and teachers in Oakland public schools.
On our Advisory Board, you will:
• Attend quarterly evening meetings where we provide food, drinks, and the great company of other Advisory Board members and Ed Fund staff!
• Help us select recipients for our A to Z Fund mini-grants ($100,000 awarded in 2017-18).
• Support three key Ed Fund programs that bring a range of much-needed resources into Oakland public schools.
Ready to join our growing Advisory Board? Apply here!
Photo above: Advisory Board members reviewing Teacher Mini-Grants at our October 2017 meeting