Join Our Team
The Oakland Public Education Fund takes great pride in centering our employees in the work that we do. We not only value diversity in the staff that we hire, but also leverage all of our perspectives to have a workplace that reflects the collaborative work we do in the community.
Our Core Staff have the opportunity to make a huge impact in bridging equity gaps in Oakland education as well as being able to help provide much needed resources to our teachers and educators within the greater community.
- Great mentorship and opportunities for both personal development and professional growth;
- Staff outings, team-building activities, staff celebrations and happy hours;
- The opportunity to make a direct, positive impact on Oakland public schools and programs serving our youth; and,
- Amazing networking opportunities with local leaders and businesses.
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We also know that great candidates can bring skills to The Ed Fund that we haven’t thought of just yet, and who won’t fit everything we’ve described above. If this is you, don’t hesitate to apply. Tell us what unique contributions you can offer.
We are dedicated to improving our organization and know that part of it means to better reflect the people we serve. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
The Oakland Public Education Fund currently offers the following Six (6) Medical Plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Gold PPO E (Prudent Buyer) Plan
- Gold HMO B (California Care) Plan
- Kaiser Permanente
- Gold HMO B
- Platinum HMO B
- Sutter Health Plus
- Gold HMO B
- Platinum HMO B
Other Health Benefits offered at The Oakland Public Education Fund:
- Delta Dental PPO
- VSP (Vision Service Plan)
- UNUM Life Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
The Oakland Public Education Fund will contribute 100% towards the employee’s premium of the sponsored plan and 0% of an employee’s spouse/DP/children’s premiums Eligible employees are able to enroll the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Additional Sponsored Benefits:
- 401 k Plan eligibility upon first day of hire
- Up to 10 days of vacation leave (1st year)*
- Up to 12 days of vacation leave (2nd year)*
- Up to 15 days of vacation leave (4th year and thereafter)*
- Up to 12 sick leave days per year*
- Up to 72 hours of sick leave pay (through City of Oakland)**
- Holiday pay*
- Bereavement leave pay*
- Professional development throughout the year
* Awarded to full-time regular and part-time employees only.
** (temporary employees only, accrue 1 hour for every 30 hours worked)
- Winter Break, December 24 – January 02, 2022
- Martin Luther King Day, January 17, 2022
- President’s Day, February 21, 2022
- Cesar Chavez Day, March 31, 2022
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2022
- Juneteenth Day, June 20, 2022
- Independence Day, July 04, 2022
- Labor Day, September 05, 2022
- Indigenous People’s Day, October 10, 2022
- Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2022
- Thanksgiving Day, November 24 – 25, 2022
- Winter Break, December 23 – January 01, 2023