Join Our Team
The Oakland Public Education Fund takes great pride in centering our employees in the work that we do. We not only value diversity in the staff that we hire, but also leverage all of our perspectives to have a workplace that reflects the collaborative work we do in the community.
Our Core Staff have the opportunity to make a huge impact in bridging equity gaps in Oakland education as well as being able to help provide much needed resources to our teachers and educators within the greater community.
Thanks for your interest! We are not currently hiring for any positions. Learn more about our team!
- A fun, fast-paced, flexible, and pet-friendly work environment;
- Great mentorship and opportunities for both personal development and professional growth;
- A brand new office in Oakland’s Jack London Square that is easily accessible by public transportation, has great parking options, and is stocked with refreshments;
- Staff outings, team-building activities, staff celebrations and happy hours;
- The opportunity to make a direct, positive impact on Oakland public schools and programs serving our youth; and,
- Amazing networking opportunities with local leaders and businesses.
- Medical Insurance, provided by Kaiser Permanente, comes in two plan tiers. Both plans are HMO rather than PPO and are renewed yearly.
- Dental Insurance and Group Life Insurance are provided by Principal Financial Group and employee-only enrollment is at no cost to Full Time Regular Employees.
- Vision Insurance is administered by Principal but the provider is VSP, and employee-only enrollment is at no cost to the Full Time Regular Employees.
- Full Time Regular Employees accrue Vacation Hours at a rate of 15 days per year which credits on a monthly basis. After 2 years, the accrual rate increases to 20 days per year, and beyond 5 years the rate increases to 22 days per year.
- Full Time Regular Employees accrue Sick Hours at a rate of 12 days per year which credits on a monthly basis.
- Non-Contributory Roth/401K Plan
- Professional Development Budget to support individual and team learning
Free Street Parking is Available
We also observe the following holidays (which are paid, for our Regular Employees):
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Cesar Chavez Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Indigenous People’s Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day and Day After
- Winter Break (Week that includes Christmas & New Year)
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We also know that great candidates can bring skills to The Ed Fund that we haven’t thought of just yet, and who won’t fit everything we’ve described above. If this is you, don’t hesitate to apply. Tell us what unique contributions you can offer.
We are dedicated to improving our organization and know that part of it means to better reflect the people we serve. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.