Volunteer Information for Schools
The Oakland Public Education Fund partners with OUSD to provide volunteer support to educators at every Oakland public school. We support all parents, guardians, community members, groups, and businesses to find the right fit for how they can volunteer in Oakland classrooms based on your requests for support.
Use the linked forms below to request volunteer support at your school. These have been updated to reflect the 2020-21 virtual learning environment as well as COVID-19 safety procedures.
(2nd adult during online class time)
(Outside of classroom on a separate zoom.
(For High School students to explore college and career options)
With today’s virtual environment, we have updated our program services to support high-quality distance learning. Learn more about different volunteer types to select the best fit for your unique situation:
- Assistants to Join Zoom Calls
- Community volunteers are screened and trained by our staff to join your live Zoom sessions to support tasks, such as managing polls, breakout rooms, filtering comments, working with a smaller group of students while you work with another, etc. You would be paired with one volunteer to attend at least one of your Zoom sessions each week.
- Academic 1:1 Tutors
- Community volunteers are screened and trained by our staff to work with individual students on assigned academic content. Students are nominated by you, their educator, and guardians will approve participation in the opportunity. We will partner with you to set positive expectations with volunteers and assign activities to complete with students.
- Career Coach for High School Students
- Community volunteers are screened and trained by our staff to support high school students as they set goals for their futures. Career Coaches specialize in amplify skill-sets around college and career readiness, including, resume-writing, interview tips, scholarship applications, capstone projects, and more.
Looking for more ways that volunteers can help? This tool can help you plan (PDF)