You Dream It, We’ll Help You Do It
Apply for an A to Z mini-grant and you could receive up to $1500 for a general school/classroom project, or up to $1500 (individual) or $5000 (group) for professional development.
We know you’re busy, so the application is easy to complete, and you’ll have access to your funds immediately once approved.
How to Apply
Applications for our Fall 2021 funding cycle are now closed. Our next round of funding will take place in early Spring 2022.
Follow us on social media (@oaklandedfund) to hear when applications open again.
Application Process & Details
- Anyone working at an Oakland public school or program (OUSD or charter-managed) is eligible to apply: teachers, principals, Community School Managers, afterschool providers, librarians, anyone!
- Projects that require additional fundraising (in addition to an A to Z mini-grant) are ineligible to receive a mini-grant. Your project must be otherwise fully funded.
- Projects must be completed by December 31, 2021.
- Grant funds may not be used to pay teachers or substitutes, for gift cards, general supplies unrelated to your project, or high end or personal use technology.
- You may submit more than one application, but only one application can be awarded in a single grant cycle. Multiple applications can be submitted from the same school. We will award no more than 3 grants per school per funding cycle.
- Tips for a strong application and examples of awarded applications.
- Updated Fall 2021 Scoring Rubric
- See grant application for additional guidelines and requirements.
General Classroom Grants can be used for a wide range of projects directly benefiting students, including:
- guest speakers and artists
Professional development grant funds can be used to cover various professional development costs, including:
- conference fees
- required conference materials
- hiring consultants or other professionals to provide training