You Dream It, We’ll Help You Do It
Apply for an A to Z mini-grant and you could receive up to $1500 for a general school/classroom project, or up to $1500 (individual) or $5000 (group) professional development.
We know you’re busy, so the application is easy to complete, and you’ll have access to your funds immediately once approved.
How to Apply
The next round for the A to Z Fund opens in September 2020, and the application will be linked here.
Looking for some inspiration? Check out the list of Fall 2019 grantees’ projects.
Application Process & Details
- Anyone working at an Oakland public school or program (OUSD or charter-managed) is eligible to apply: teachers, principals, Community School Managers, afterschool providers, librarians, anyone!
- The project must be fully funded by the A to Z Fund mini-grant; an A to Z grant can not fund part of a larger project.
- Grant funds may not be used to pay teachers or substitutes, or for general supplies or technology.
- Fall grants must support projects taking place between October – February. Spring grants must support projects taking place between March – August.
- Multiple applications can be submitted from the same school. We will award at most 3 grants per cycle per school.
- Tips for a strong application
- Scoring Rubric
General Classroom Grants can be used for a wide range of projects directly benefiting students, including:
- visiting artists and materials
- admissions fees for students and chaperones
Professional development grant funds can be used to cover various professional development costs including:
- conference fees
- required materials
- hiring vendors to provide services