You Dream It, We’ll Help You Do It
Apply for an A to Z mini-grant and you could receive up to $1500 for a general school/classroom project, or up to $1500 (individual) or $5000 (group) for professional development.
We know you’re busy, so the application is easy to complete, and you’ll have access to your funds immediately once approved.
How to Apply
Applications for our Fall 2020 grant cycle are now closed.
Applications for the next round of A to Z Fund mini-grants will open in early Spring 2021. Check back here for the link to apply.
Looking for some inspiration? Check out the list of Fall 2020 grantees’ projects.
Application Process & Details
- All projects and professional development opportunities must be completed virtually. No in-person projects/trainings will be accepted.
- Anyone working at an Oakland public school or program (OUSD or charter-managed) is eligible to apply: teachers, principals, Community School Managers, afterschool providers, librarians, anyone!
- Projects that require additional fundraising (in addition to an A to Z mini-grant) are ineligible to receive a mini-grant. Your project must be otherwise fully funded.
- Projects must be completed by December 31, 2020.
- Grant funds may not be used to pay teachers or substitutes, or for general supplies, technology or any in-projects that require in-person activities.
- You may submit more than one application, but only one application can be awarded in a single grant cycle. Multiple applications can be submitted from the same school. We will award at most 3 grants per cycle per school.
- Tips for a strong application and examples of awarded applications.
- Updated Scoring Rubric
- See grant application for additional guidelines and requirements.
General Classroom Grants can be used for a wide range of projects directly benefiting students, but must be carried out remotely. Funds can be used to pay for:
- guest speakers and artists
Professional development grant funds can be used to cover various professional development costs, but must be conducted remotely. Funds can be used to pay for:
- remote conference fees
- required materials
- hiring consultants or other professionals to provide remote trainings