ADOPT AN OAKLAND
When you Adopt an Oakland School, your team makes a positive impact on student achievement through relevant and meaningful volunteer projects.
We work with you to find the best school match for your team’s talents. We design and coordinate the volunteer projects so your team can focus on impact.
Join the growing Adopt an Oakland School program and your business can:
- – Make a lasting, positive impact in the lives of Oakland kids.
- – Strengthen relationships within your own staff teams.
- – Demonstrate your company’s values and commitment to Oakland.
THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
Throughout the school year, we host several multi-day and city-wide special events powered by volunteers. Learn more right here.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Campus Beautification
- Help create a welcoming and inspiring learning environment by putting up bulletin boards, organizing supplies, painting, or planting flowers.
- Visit classrooms as a special guest to read aloud your favorite story in celebration of the national heritage months.
- Computer Science Education
- Share a demonstration, case study, or hands-on activity to connect students with future job opportunities.
Questions? Please contact Program Manager, Lilly Smith firstname.lastname@example.org.
“[Adopting an Oakland school] has provided opportunities to strengthen the team building within our company, reinforce our connection to Oakland’s community, share our profession with potential future architects and planners, work with an invested school and their staff, and gain new knowledge from an exciting and energetic bunch of 6th-graders.”
– Senior Planner Cindy Ma, KTGY (adopted Madison Park Business & Art Academy)