Since 2003, the Oakland Ed Fund has played a key role in securing, managing, and providing resources to improve public education in Oakland.
Some of the accomplishments we’re most proud of include:
- Helped raise over $200 million for public schools, programs, educators, and educational projects
- Recruited, trained, and placed nearly 10,000 volunteers including community members, teams from local businesses and organizations, parents, and others
- Awarded more than $1 million across 700 grants to local schools and educators through our A to Z Fund
- Fiscally sponsored over 100 schools and programs
- Supported the launch, expansion, and sustainability of key OUSD programs including Restorative Justice, Community Schools, African American Male Achievement and African American Female Achievement programs, Early Literacy, Linked Learning, and many others
- Launched major partnerships with Salesforce and Intel to provide thousands of OUSD students with opportunities to access Computer Science courses, internships, and access to tech careers.
Ed Fund Community Events
The Ed Fund coordinates dozens of special events each year that benefit Oakland public school students, teachers, and schools. These include our Heritage Read-In weeks, Computer Science Education Week, Thank-an-Oakland-Teacher celebrations, annual backpack and coat drives, and more.